In some households, electricity bills can be one of the major expenses. But, electricity is an essential service despite the prices. So, the government of Singapore has introduced some schemes for families with lower incomes. These schemes provide some electricity rebates singapore households.
U-Save or GST Voucher scheme
It is a scheme to provide quarterly rebates to counterbalance the HDB bills of utility. It is focused on households with low to middle range of income to offset their electricity bills. Older people not dependent on their children are also inclusive of U-Save this scheme.
Eligibility criteria of electricity rebate Singapore through U-Save
The electricity rebates singapore through U-Save benefit the Housing & Development Board (HDB) residents only. To avail of the benefits of the GST Voucher scheme, the HBD households must meet the following requirements.
- In the case of HBD flats, at least one Singaporean citizen should be the owner or occupant.
- In the case of partially subletting, at least one Singaporean citizen should be the owner or occupant.
- In the case of complete subletting, at least one Singaporean citizen should be a tenant.
- In the case of several immediate family members living under the same roof, they should own or be interested in more than one property.
- Depending on the flat type, one flat receives a single GST voucher only.
Electricity bills can be a real burden on the pockets of any country’s citizens. However, it is an essential service these days, so people can’t help but access it even for high prices. Luckily, with schemes like U-Save, residents of Singapore receive quarterly rebates to decrease the financial burden a bit.