Buying the Best Carpet Like a Pro
If you are planning to buy the best carpet for your home like a professional, you should learn about the different carpet styles and the materials used. In the end, you need to ensure that it is of good quality for your long-term satisfaction.
Different carpet styles
There are five carpet styles or weaves you can choose from, which can come in many colors.
- Saxony: this is called plush or velvet. It refers to a cut pile that is ideal in formal dining rooms, bedrooms and living rooms. You must know that it shows vacuum marks and footprints, which makes it a bad choice for high-traffic areas or homes with active kids. This can last up to five years.
- Textured: this refers to a cut pile with more than one color of yarn. For those with active lifestyles, this carpet is ideal because it has a two-toned appearance that can hide dirt and reduce vacuum marks and footprints. This can last up to five years.
- Frieze: this is by far the most durable but most expensive of cut pile styles. If well maintained, it could last for twenty years or more.
- Sculptured: this is made to be durable and economical. It has different shading that can conceal dirt well.
- Berber or Looped: this style is popular because of its elegant appearance. However, it is harder to clean.
Here are the different materials used for carpeting:
- Nylon: when it comes to durability, ease of maintenance and resilience, nylon beats other fibers. Nylon material is an ideal choice if you want a carpet that can last a decade or even longer even for high-traffic areas.
- Triexta: this is a newly classified fiber, which is partly derived from corn sugar. This fiber boasts of superior and permanent anti-stain properties.
- Polyester: many consider this because it is stain resistant and soft. It boasts of more vibrant colors but it is harder to clean.
- Olefin: this is an inexpensive but attractive fiber. It is known for its strength and it can resist fading. Aside from that, it is also mildew, static and stain resistant.
It is not a secret that carpets are expensive that is why shopping for carpet involves huge financial investment. With this, you have to do your basic homework so you can compare the carpets. Ultimately, you have to work with reputable retailers or carpet shops shrewsbury to ensure that you have the right carpeting based on your needs.