In December 2019, the world was struck by an unknown disease later called covid-19. This disease took many innocent lives and jobs of people. Earlier, the deaths reported were massive in numbers because scientists and common people did not know how to stop the spread as it was spreading like wildfires. People stopped visiting shopping malls and gathering areas because the cause of spread was known as air and close contact.The people started using a NIOSH certified N95 mask to cover their nose and mouth while travelling from one place to another. Let us discuss the uses and advantages of this mask in detail.
Why wear a mask?
The people of every country were affected and terrified by the symptoms as people used to have breathing issues, no sense of smell, no taste of food items and high fever. It was advised that people always have a mask on their face and maintain at least 6 feet distance from another person. This disease caused a pandemic bringing the entire planet earth to a standstill. There were countries where the death rate was too high, and patients occupied hospitals’ beds. All the offices, business houses, college, school and universities were shut down. All the shopping malls for groceries were closed, and people had no idea where to get the groceries from. It was a nightmare for all the citizens of every country.
Guidelines by the government for safety
There were few guidelines released by the government, such as:
- Every person should have an N95 mask on their face whenever they step out of their houses for any work or to buy groceries. People were advised to not take the mask down their face as it will increase the risk of catching the virus.
- It was advised to keep sanitising hands or keep washing them frequently as our hands are the only body parts that touch our face thousands of times in a day. The spread was reported through mouth and nose passage.
- Scientists advised people to not touch anything outside of their houses as they might have a virus on their surface. Scientist reported that the virus stays longer on metal substances, so touching the elevator and grills was prohibited in public.
- The citizens were advised to shower every time they came home from outside.
- Only one member per family was permitted to step out for buying groceries and other house essentials.
This disease taught everyone the true value of life and that nothing should be taken for granted. The people were encouraged to appreciate whatever they have, as many people did not even have food on their table in such tough times.