You do not need your mother to remind you that sleep is important. By now you already know that sleep plays an important role in good health and well-being. Simply put, if you get enough sleep, it can help improve your physical health, mental health, and your quality of life.
With this, you should do your best to ensure you get the sleep that your body needs. To encourage good sleep, you should start with your aireloom mattress. If you want to buy a new mattress, it is easier if you are armed with the following information:
You should know there are different mattress types. To pick the right one for your needs, you should at least know the distinctions. Here are the different types of mattress:
- Open spring mattress: this is also called open coil mattresses. As the name suggests, this mattress is made of one long piece of metal wire that is coiled into many springs. These mattresses are less supportive so they are best for children’s beds or guest bedrooms.
- Pocket spring mattress: this mattress is more luxurious compared to open spring because it is made of individual springs nestled in the pocket of fabric. This means that every spring moves individually thereby providing more support. This is best if you are looking for a mattress that minimizes the risk of you rolling towards your partner.
- Memory foam mattress: these are modern mattresses, which is known for its moldable material. Aside from that, memory mattresses also respond to weight and temperature not to mention it has hypoallergenic properties. If you need more support for your back, this mattress can help maintain your posture as well as align your spine when sleeping on the side.
- Hybrid mattress: you can also consider hybrid mattresses, which are made from the combination of materials like latex, memory foam and pocket springs. In the end, hybrid mattresses are created to give a more harmonious sleeping experience.
Keep in mind that the firmness of the mattress can affect how well you sleep. When choosing mattress firmness, you should first determine your sleeping position, weight and height. Here are some things to remember:
- Soft: if you are a side sleeper, soft mattresses are best for you.
- Medium-soft: if you frequently change sleeping position throughout the night, medium-soft is ideal because it can provide more support.
- Firm: if you sleep on your front, firm mattresses are ideal for you. This is because it can keep the back relatively comfortable.
- Medium-firm: if you sleep on your back, you need a medium-firm mattress because it can offer extra lower-back support.
The next thing to consider is the mattress size. There are different mattress sizes but the standard sizes are Small Single, Single, Small Double, Double, Kingsize, Super-kingsize, Emperor, and Large Emperor. The size is dependent on the bed frame so it is crucial to determine the frame first before choosing the size.